Wednesday, April 30, 2008

When the Devil Holds the Candle by Karin Fossum


Andreas and Zipp are two young men with too much time on their hands. They are petty criminals, harassing children and stealing purses. They get way more than they bargained for when Andreas breaks into Irma Funder’s home. Sixty-ish Irma is not exactly stable and has lived alone since her son moved out and her husband left her more than ten years ago. Meanwhile, Inspector Konrad Sejer and Jacob Skarre are assigned the case of Andreas’ disappearance. Although When the Devil Holds the Candle is the third book of Fossum’s mystery series, it resembles the writing of Ruth Rendell, especially her psychological fiction. I blogged about two of the other books in Fossum’s series last July and August.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Sounds like a really good book though I am often afraid to read books that are not set in the United States. I am not sure why, but I would love to expand my horizons.